Partly or fully clogged drain pipes may not always be given enough attention.
Below main challenges is related to restricted flow in drains – due to partly or fully clogged pipes.
- Increased Fuel consumption - up to 1,5%
- Increased Lube oil consumption 5-16%
- Increased wear on piston rod and stuffing box parts.
- Increased wear and problems with hydraulic components and fine filters - due to contamination of system oil.
- Incorrect dosing of cyl. oil - based on misleading readings from cyl. oil drain samples (SDA)
- Higher risk of cyl. liner scuffing accidents - too late detection / corrective action.